The reasons for the prohibition of eating milk and meat:
- Others explain that the true reason behind the prohibition is beyond the understanding of a human, and it is hence deemed as a “Chok” by the Torah.
- Some explain that eating milk and meat together is forbidden being that it is an extremely cruel insensitive act to cook the meat of the child within its mother’s milk.
- Others explain that eating meat with milk was the practice of idol worshipers, and thus in order to distance the Jewish people from these practices the above mixture of foods were forbidden.
- Others explain that eating milk with meat numbs the heart, just as the eating of blood. The reason for this is because milk itself is blood which has gone through transfusion and become milk, and when one cooks the milk with meat it returns to it its damaging blood tendencies.
- In Kabala it is explained that both meat and milk have two distinct spiritual roots, and these roots although both individually holy, may not be mixed. Mixing the two together is similar to acts of sorcery. The exact understanding of this cannot yet be revealed, and it will only be revealed after the coming of Moshiach.
Will Basar Bechalav become permitted when Moshiach comes?
Rabbeinu Bechayeh notes that the prohibition of eating meat and milk will be nullified after the resurrection, when the evil inclination will cease to exist.
 Bechayeh Mishpatim 19 in his 2nd explanation; Chinuch Mitzvah 92; Keli Yakar
 A law which is above logic.
 Rashbam Vayikra 11
 Rambam in Moreh Nevuchim 3/32; Even Ezra Vayikra
 Bechayeh Mishpatim 19; However see there that he negates this as being the true explanation, and rather gives an explanation in accordance to Kabala, which is explained next.
 Bechayeh Mishpatim 19; Chinuch Mitzvah 92; Keli Yakar
 Bechayeh Mishpatim 19