Erev Yom Kippur summarized Checklist
- Buy two 24 hour candles. One for the shul for married men and one for the house for Havdala.
- Breakfast: Dip the bread in honey. Eat fish. No garlic, eggs or sesame [Tehina].
- Malkus after midday
- Mikveh after Malkus check there is no Chatzitza; Cut nails of feet and hand; Remove knots from hair
- Read Haftorah of Yom Kippur.
- Early Mincha. Bring coins for Tzedaka; Hodu and Patach Eliyahu if Erev Shabbos
- Place Shabbos table cloths on tables
- Seudas Hamafsekes: No fish, spicy foods; salt
- Leave light on in room of married couple.
- Light 24-hour candle at home for Havdala
- Light 24-hour candle in Shul for married men
- Ask for forgiveness from others
- Prepare food measurements [i.e. Shiurim] if need to break fast
- Accept Yom Kippur early. [i.e. Tosefes Yom Kippur]
- Remove leather shoes
- Bless one’s children with Birchas Kohanim
- Wear a Kittel and Tallis with a blessing before Kol Nidrei
- Recite Viduiy by sunset
- Recite Tehillim before Kol Nidrei
- Bring a Shofar to Shul [if one is the Baal Tokeia] for Motzei Yom Kippur.
Leave A Comment?
You must be logged in to post a comment.