From the Rav’s Desk: Replacing your Zabla judge

Question: [Wednesday, 16th Kisleiv 5781]

I have a monetary dispute with a friend, and we decided to take her to a Zabla Beis Din. After I chose my judge I had a change of heart and would like to choose someone else instead. May I do so?


It depends on what stage of progress you’re in, in the court case. Once the arbitration document has been written and signed by the two sides, or a Kinyan has already been made, then one can no longer retract and replace his chosen judge. Prior to this point, you may.

Sources: See Michaber and Rama C.M. 13:2; Tur 13; Bava Metzia 20a

Was this article helpful?

Related Articles

Leave A Comment?

You must be logged in to post a comment.