- The second lottery fell on the tribe of Shimon. Shimon’s inheritance of land was within the land of Yehuda, as Yehuda had received a larger portion than necessary. Amongst the many cities that the tribe of Shimon received, they received the city of Beer Sheva.
- The third lottery fell on the tribe of Zevulun. Their inheritance was near the sea. The verse now lists the cities of Zevulun.
- The fourth lottery fell on the tribe of Yissachar. [Their inheritance was south of Naftali.] The verse lists the cities of Yissachar.
- The fifth lottery fell on the tribe of Asher. The verse lists the cities of Asher.
- The sixth lottery fell on the tribe of Naftali.
- The Jordan river was the edge of his border. To the south of Naftali was Zevulun, and to the west of Naftali was Asher.
- The Kineret [and entire Jordan river] was included in his inheritance.
- The verse lists the cities of Naftali, which included: Kedesh, Chatzor
- The seventh lottery fell on the tribe of Dan.
- The verse lists the cities of Dan, which included: Bnei Brak, Shalabin, Jaffo, Yarkon.
- The Jewish people completed the divisions and inheritance of the lands, and they gave a portion of land to Yehoshua Ben Nun.
- They gave him the land of Timnas Serach which was within the portion of Ephraim, by the mountains. The city was given to him by the word of G-d [as they asked the Urim Vitumim beforehand].
- Yehoshua built the city and settled it.
 Metzudos David 19:22
 Metzudos David 19:33
 Metzudos David 19:50