This article is an excerpt from our Sefer
Buy now on Amazon.com
The laws which are applicable to the Shemita produce are very intricate and detailed. The following laws apply towards Shemita produce:
- The produce must be disowned from one’s land.
- Sefichin: All non-tree produce grown during Shemita is forbidden to be eaten.
- Forbidden to destroy Shemita produce.
- Forbidden to do business with Shemita produce.
- Forbidden to bring Shemita produce to Diaspora.
- Forbidden to give it to a gentile.
- The Shemita produce may only be eaten until the time of Biur.
 Tosafus Sukkah 39a