Chapter 61: The redemption and rebuilding of Jerusalem and gathering of the exiles
- Proclaiming the redemption to the Jewish people: The spirit of G-d has fallen upon me, and He has anointed me to proclaim to the Jewish people of the coming redemption, to heal their wounds, and to call for their returns from the exiles.
- Comforting the residents of Jerusalem: The residents of Jerusalem will now wear a crown instead of wearing ash and will rejoice rather than mourn.
- The Gentiles will work for the Jewish people: The Gentile nations will shepherd your flock and they will also work your fields. You however the Jewish people will be considered the priests of G-d who will serve G-d and will receive the treasures of the nations.
- The Gentiles will realize the uniqueness of the Jewish people: The honor of the nations will then be moved to the Jewish people. The Gentile nations will recognize every Jew and view him as a blessed child of G-d.
- The Jewish people will wear garments of rejoicing and celebrate with G-d.