Our sages decreed that one may not move certain items on Shabbos in their usual way. This chapter will discuss the details of this restriction, with regards to which type of vessels the restriction applies, and what forms of moving are restricted. There are different categories of Muktzah, each having their own set of laws.
- Tiltul Min Hatzad: Literally means “moving [a Muktzah item] from the side”. It can refer to either moving Muktzah through use of one’s body other than his hands, or moving Muktzah through moving another non-Muktzah item in his hands.
- MMC”K: Refers to Muktzah Machmas Chisaron Kis, which is a category of Muktzah.
- MM”G: Refers to Muktzah Machmas Gufo, which is a category of Muktzah.
- MM”I Refers to Muktzah Machmas Issur, which is a category of Muktzah.
- Legufo: Refers to moving an item for the need of using it.
- Lemikomo: Refers to moving an item for the need of using the space under it.
- Leatzmo: Refers to moving an item in order to save it from damage.
 276/9-10; See also 277/6 “or through shaking it off or Tiltul Min Hatzad” which implies that Tiltul Min Hatzad can also be used to refer to moving with an irregularity.